Many moms don’t like the body changes they experience during pregnancy, so they try to get back their pre-baby body with a mommy makeover. But when is the best time to get a mommy makeover.
What is a mommy makeover?
A mommy makeover is a combination of procedures that are done to restore a woman’s pre-baby body. Below are the surgeries that are usually combined to create a mommy makeover:
- Tummy tuck: Firms and flattens the abdomen by removing excess skin and some fat. It also tightens the abdominal muscles.
- Breast augmentation: Uses implants to restore the size and shape of the breasts.
- Breast lift: Elevates sagging breasts.
- Liposuction: Removes stubborn pockets of fat in areas such as the abdomen, thighs, and back.
When is the best time to get a mommy makeover?
- When you are finished having children: Although women can have children after a mommy makeover, the body changes that come with pregnancy can undo the results of the operation.
- After breastfeeding is over: Women considering mommy makeover surgery should wait until they have finished breastfeeding for at least 6 months. This will ensure that the size and shape of the breasts have stabilized, and the surgeon will therefore be able to make an accurate surgical plan.
- After reaching your goal weight: Doctors typically recommend that patients attain their goal weight before undergoing a mommy makeover. Once their weight is stable, the surgeon can determine which procedures would be most beneficial.
Would you like to know if you are a good candidate for a mommy makeover? Search our directory to find a practice in your area.
If you are in the Newport Beach and the greater Orange County, CA areas, contact board certified plastic surgeon Tenley K. Lawton M.D.
You can reach Dr. Lawton at www.lawtonmd.com, or by calling (949) 835-4617.